Terms and Conditions
1. Lessons are transferable at the discretion of Big Blue Surf School (BBSS)
2. Gift vouchers are non transferable and redemption is subject to availability.
3. In the rare event that BBSS or our coaches consider the beach, weather or surf conditions unsuitable for surf tuition, BBSS may cancel courses up until the start of the lesson. Should this occur, for lessons redeemed by a gift voucher, we will offer you an alternative date or provide a replacement voucher valid for one year from the date of issue. For other lessons we will offer you an alternative date; provide a gift voucher valid for one year from the date of issue or issue a refund.
4. BBSS will not offer alternative lessons, vouchers or a refund if clients choose to cancel a booking without at least two weeks’ notice; not attend a course for any reason or arrive too late (as judged by the senior coach on duty) to participate in their lesson(s). We therefore recommend that all clients take out suitable insurance to cover such circumstances.
5. All students must be over eight and able to swim 50 metres without resting.
6. Parents/Guardians not participating in lessons attended by their children (under 14yrs) must remain within visual contact during lessons & complete and sign a relevant ‘Health & Safety’ form.
7. Parents/Guardians not participating in lessons attended by their children (14 -15yrs) are requested to remain within visual contact during lessons and complete and sign a relevant Health and Safety form. Parents who choose not to remain within visual contact during lessons accept that BBSS and its team members cannot be held responsible for the welfare of children who decide not to participate in a lesson once it has started.
8. Parents/Guardians of all children (under 18yrs) participating in a lesson are required to sign a relevant ‘Health & Safety’ form giving permission for their children to attend lessons.
9. In the interests of safety, participants must agree to abide by any decisions or instructions made by BBSS team members.
10. Surfing involves a degree of risk to both people and property, even if enjoyed under proper supervision by qualified coaches. It is a strenuous activity that requires those taking part to have a reasonable standard of swimming and fitness. Therefore you must make us aware of any medical conditions, illnesses or allergies you have and any prescribed medication you are taking via our Health and Safety Form, as well as directly to your surf coach prior to each lesson starting. For participants under 18 years it is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to inform us of any such medical conditions. You should not participate in a surfing course if you are suffering from a heart condition or any other injury / illness which may affect your physical ability or if you are pregnant. You must not in any circumstances be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. Also, you must not be under the influence of medication which may adversely affect your physical abilities.
During lessons you will have use of BBSS equipment. We take all reasonable measures to ensure the safety and good condition of our equipment, however you are responsible for immediately reporting any damage caused to the equipment or which becomes apparent whilst the equipment is in your possession. BBSS does not seek to limit or exclude any liability which may occur as a result of its own negligence or that of our team members. However, BBSS assumes no liability in respect of any personal injury loss, damage, consequential loss or third party claims which occur through no fault of our own or are caused by the negligence of you or one of the participants in your group.